January 01, 2008

It's a BRAND NEW YEAR!! 2008 IS HERE!

Photobucket
Well, here it is the new year has begun and with the new year comes new resolutions. I don't usually make new year resolutions but this year I decided that some changes were in order. We all should grow as a person and sometimes that means making personal and life changes. A wise woman told me recently that with change sometimes comes pain. Ain't that the truth!

There's something about a New Year- it's a beginning. Every year at the beginning of each new year, I get the urge. The urge to organize- clean and organize and this year has been no different. I have spent the last 2 days cleaning and organizing my sewing room and the office/spare bedroom.

New friends- We have an Exchange Student moving in on Jan. 12. I've been readying the room for her and since I was flowing into that room with my 'stuff', I needed to get organized. I was also overflowing into the basement. She is from Korea and her name is Chung. Her first family was not a good fit for her in many ways. Since we had hosted Kristine from Denmark 2 years ago, we understood how important it is to this young lady to have a positive experience for her year in America. We hope that she will like it with us and the rest of her stay will be fun and enlightening.

If you haven't noticed yet, off to the side is a poll. Please take the time to vote. I'll post the results at the end of the poll. Also, feel free to comment on each post. I enjoy hearing that you read and love to get feedback on my rambling.

I'm trying something new. I am entering a 'Knock-off" contest. In this contest, one chooses a Ready to wear or Designer piece of clothing or accessory to copy and sew for themselves. I have chosen a really cute blouse that retails for $300! Here's a picture of it front and back.

Photobucket Photobucket

This is a HUGE challenge for me. I need to find a base pattern to resembles the bodice first and I'm close. Then I have to sew and as I go I'll have to alter and make minor or major changes to make the pattern look like the blouse I've chosen. After everyone has entered (or not entered as the case may be) their final garment/accessories, members on the board vote on their favorite or best knocked off item. There's usually some nice prizes. I'm actually not sure what they are with this contest.

So- are you challenging yourself in 2008? I am now and hope to continue to grow!

Be the best you! Ronda

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

"So- are you challenging yourself in 2008? I am now and hope to continue to grow!"
Hi Ronda, I SURE challenged myself in 2007... Can't see HOW I could stop now!!
"IT" is worth it!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal

Anonymous said...

Thats a really cute Blouse, hope that you do a good job, but I know that you will. Mom & I are going to start getting some exercise, I found a place that has an indoor pool. Thats our New Year's Resulation. I hope you have a good 2008. By the way I like the hair.
Love ya Sheryl