January 06, 2008

As promised...................


As promised I am blogging some recipes and sewing. I was a busy lady yesterday. After finishing up the cleaning, I decided to sew and make cookies.

Two years ago I received a Kitchenaide Mixer-used it for the cookies. :) I've been wanting to get a cover for it or make one. Well, lucky me found one with the help of a PR (www.patternreview) friend. I made this yesterday using some leftover material. I made my own piping and binding, too. You see, I'm on a fabric fast- I will not buy any new fabric until June provided that I use at least half of what I have. It's cluttering my life. I have enough leftover fabric to make one for the toaster too.

This is a recipe that I found last year. The 22 year search for the perfect Oatmeal cookies had finally come to an end thanks to "Beth" posting her recipe at www.allrecipes.com.
Oatmeal-Craisin Cookies

One of my goals this year is to get better organized- that includes my favorite recipes in one spot. I'd like to make the kids each a book of recipes that I've used over the years that are their favorites for Christmas Next year. Here's the recipe for Beth's Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.

1/2 c. Butter, softened
1/2 c. Butter-flavored shortening
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves (I omit this-never have liked the taste)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. rolled oats (Old-fashioned)
1 c. raisins (I like to use Craisins instead)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Cream together butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in Flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in Craisins and Oats.
3. Bake 10-13 minutes until light and golden. Let them cool completely on the cookie sheet before moving.

This particular recipe gets 5 out of 5 stars.

And a little "R" rated picture- well maybe "PG13". This says it all! It's exactly how I feel about it. I'm ready for April.

Winter is a bitch

Until next time,

RondaHappy_




No comments: