December 29, 2007

Christmases Past

As most of you, if not all of you, are aware, the Holidays are a very busy season. It's been 2 weeks since I last posted and it has definitely flown by. We've had a wonderful holiday and Santa was very good to us. Today is our last Christmas celebration with Roger's family. It's sure to be loud and crazy, as always. When there are 5 siblings and they are all married with children and those children have children, that's a lot of people in one house. It's always fun watching the little ones open their presents.

I remember one particular Christmas when my son was 4. We were celebrating with my parents and sister and her family. Danett was the Santa that year, passing out gifts. Everyone had 3 or 4 gifts in front of them and Joel, my son, had none so far. The look of shear terror and confusion on his face was one that I'll never forget and luckily, I have a picture of it. His eyes are darting to and fro at everyone else's gifts and you could just 'see' the wheels inside his head spinning. He was 0 - 60 in 1.2 seconds!! LOL

I wish I could find that picture! Here are a couple pictures from Christmas' past though.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Maybe I'll find that picture soon. The one with the 5 children was from the same year and is from my side of the family. That is my sister's 3 children and my two. Joel is the blonde boy and Leanne is in the walker.

I'll bet many people traveled down memory lane last week. The new year gives us a time to reflect upon where we have been in our lives and where we are going. 2007 wasn't a great year for me. I've had lots of growth both emotionally and personally though. With pain comes growth. 2008 is looking like it will be a wonderful time in my life and I have lots of plans already for the year to come.

Those New Year reflections are to come on another post. For now, have a great ending to your year and celebrate the you yet to come!

Ronda
Happy New Year

2 comments:

sheryl26 said...

Oh my gosh Ronda. I was looking at the old pictures. The one with Joel by himself, I could see James in him. I hope that 2008 is a better year for you. Have a Happy New Year.

Love Sheryl

Ronda said...

Kind of crazy, huh? We see a lot of both sides in our children, too. Scott's little ones and Andy's, also. Shelley's little boy is definitely on the other side- plus- not bloodlines there. LOL