November 13, 2007

Here Come the Holidays!

This is such a stressful time for so many. I'm one of those many. The perfectionist in me rears its ugly head and tries to take over and make it all 'perfect'. I am learning that nothing in this world is perfect and striving for perfection only wears one out. Last year I vowed to relax and enjoy the holidays. I didn't buy many gifts or worry about the house being sparkling for unexpected or invited guests. I plan to continue this during the upcoming holiday season, too. This will be the first holiday season in many years that I'm not making thousands of holiday pies, cookies, muffins, and cakes for the masses. My husband and I have a premium pie shop and the holiday season is extremely busy. I won't be involving myself with that this year and I have mixed emotions about it. I am looking forward to possibly enjoying the season rather than watching it blur on by.


 

I'd like all who are reading this to stop and think—really think this season. Is having that pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving or the perfect Normal Rockwell Christmas Homecoming what the holidays really signify? Before you get mad at that person working the register or anyone who is in retail, think. Than wish them "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" and thank God you are alive and healthy. Peace and love be with you all!

No comments: