November 18, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy



I've just been a little spit fire this weekend.





Yesterday, I cleaned up and rearranged my sewing room, clean and rearranged the office and cleaned a little bit of the rest of the house. I recently watched a show about hoarders on Oprah and was very saddened. It made me want to clean up my own areas though. Things were definitely piling up.





Today I've been busy sewing. Yeah! I have some Christmas material that I want to get used up so I've been making table runners with it. I've got two done so far. I haven't decided what I am going to do with them. I'm thinking about giving them as gifts or possibly donating them somewhere. I did the meandering stitch with my BSR and really got to moving one time. I went a little CRAZY!! Speed kills though. It looks bad in a couple of spots.





I did some cooking this week. I have a recipe to share with you all. The picture is above.

APPLE STREUDEL MUFFINS
1 Cup All purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/4 vanilla, 1 1/2 cup chopped apples.
Combine the butter, sugar eggs and vanilla. Mix until creamy. Stir in apples. Mix in dry ingredients.
Topping: 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 Tbsp butter. Cut the butter into the mixture until course and crumbly.
Spread topping on muffin and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. I made the jumbo muffins and it produced 8. Yum.
I'm giving this recipe 2 1/2 stars out of 5. It was okay, but I've had better. You MUST put the topping on though. They wouldn't be good without it.
That's all for today. Leanne and I are heading for Topeka. We are going shopping at the mall tonight. It's a special fund raiser and my boss gave me tickets. There's supposed to be lots of good sales. I'll let you know about our booty sometime this week.
Ronda Rae













No comments: