January 19, 2008

Busy Work Week

I know I haven't really posted since Jan.7th. Work has been really nuts the last week. On one particular day last week (Monday), I got to work and had lots of dictation lined up in my machine. I did the dictation for 6 straight hours. In two of them alone, I had 40,000 key strokes. The next several days entailed me typing a very important memorandum to the court on a very huge case. I drove home on Wednesday crying. Yes, crying. I was getting in trouble for things that they did or said wrong! The next day was better though. I think the lawyers may have talked and realized that the 3 of them were slamming me with important work assignments with deadlines and didn't realize the others were, too. They were much more understanding on Thursday and Friday.

Because of the stressful work week, I didn't get anything finished or accomplished this week. I needed to finish up a few loose ends on a nightgown and skirt but didn't get to it. I'm hoping to get to it sometime today but since it's already almost 11:00am and I haven't even showered yet, it doesn't look promising.

We added a new member to our family yesterday. Chloe.

Chloe

Chloe is a 7 week old full-blooded Border Collie. We have been talking about getting another pet for several months now. Samantha gets a wee bit bored and lonely during the day when we're all gone. So far, she hasn't taken to Chloe very well, but she will. Since Roger isn't working right now, we thought this would be a good time to get her and train her more consistently. She is already going out the doggie doors to potty although she has had a couple accidents inside, too. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Rhoto said...

Jeepers, Rhonda! And I sometimes think I MISS that rat race!! I think the harder we try to please/to get it all done, the more is pored on us--to the point of--tears... Luckily your bosses recognize that. Maybe I need to be my own advocate, at times...
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal